The Walking Dead isn’t the only zombie series being shown off in San Diego this week. The CW’s iZombie celebrated the completion of its first season with a panel at this years Comic Con.
- The panel guests included Showrunner Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars), Producer Diane Ruggiero-Wright (Veronica Mars), Star Rose McIver (Liv), David Anders (Blaine), Rahul Kohli (Ravi), Malcolm Goodwin (Clive), Aly Michalka (Peyton), and Robert Buckley (Major).
- Rob Thomas says he was a fan of the song he used for the shows opening theme for years before he boarded the project. He says that the song was swimming in his head while he developed the series.
- “It’s going to be a depressing art film next year,” joked Thomas about Liv’s current standing with friends and family.
- Aly Michalka will reprise her role as Peyton in season 2. She might be Liv’s only friend.
- The CEO of Max Rager, Vaughn Du Clark, as portrayed by Stephen Weber (Wings), is going to put zombies on the defensive as they threaten his business.
- McIver says she will be singing and playing guitar after digesting one of season 2’s brains.
- A rather cool video that summarized the events of season 1 was presented at the panel.
iZombie successfully married an indie comic vibe to a Veronica Mars-esque story. I can’t wait for season 2, and only hope that the growing threats push the series further in a serialized direction.