Friday July 10th, 2015 marked yet another zombie attack on San Diego’s Comic Con. Previewing the 6th season of The Walking Dead, The Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick played host to an all star panel this year.
- Panel guests included Showrunner Scott Gimple, Visual Effects Guru and Director Greg Nicotero, and long time producer Gale Anne Hurd. Cast members on stage included Andrew Lincoln (Rick), Danai Gurira (Michonne), Lennie James (Morgan), Norman Reedus (Daryl), Michael Cudlitz (Abraham), Sonequa Martin-Green (Sasha), Melissa McBride (Carol), and Steven Yeun (Glen).
- Franchise creator Robert Kirkman was not on the panel, but the entire cast and crew came on stage wearing (or carrying) t-shirts with his face on them, and various “faces” on sticks to express his theoretical reactions.
- Melissa McBride came on stage with a plate of fresh baked (presumably) cookies.
- This season will feature numerous flashbacks, but not as many as last season.
- We will learn about Morgan’s journey since Rick left him in the 2013 episode Clear.
- New faces this season include Michael Cudlitz (Grace and Frankie) and Merritt Wever (Birdman).
- The “Wolves” will play a part in Season 6, but not necessarily in the way we would expect.
- Michael Cudlitz said that his character, Abraham, has a defining moment this season.
- Andrew Lincoln had a beard at Comic Con, and wants to have a beard on the show again.
- Danai Gurira wants her character, Michonne, to interact more with Carol, as she thinks the contrast of their characters is interesting.
- Season 6 premieres on October 11th.
- A major theme of the season is shifting alliances, as has been seen in the trailer.
- Did I just say trailer? Yes I did.
The event was met with much excitement, as is typical with both The Walking Dead and Comic Con. Season 6 premieres this October, with Fear The Walking Dead (the spin-off) premiering in August, which means we will have a near endless supply of zombie action on TV.